Any retailer interested in selling lottery tickets should fill out the retailer application form or call the Lottery's Retailer Services number at (855) 652-5688.
The only upfront cost is an $80 application fee. Lottery equipment, supplies and training are provided at no cost, pending approval of the application. If you have additional stores under the same corporation, each additional store costs $15. There is a $20 weekly service fee per store to cover operational expenses.
- Economic benefits to retailers include a 6-percent commission on lottery sales in your store. Lottery retailers also enjoy more repeat customers, additional customer traffic and increased sales of other store merchandise.
- No. The Lottery machinery communicates via cellular modem. All of the necessary equipment is provided to approved retailers.
- You bet. You can sell Lottery tickets any time your store is open.
- Absolutely. The Lottery's retail network includes traditional outlets such as convenience stores, gas stations and grocery stores, as well as locations such as barbershops, beauty salons, electronics stores, restaurants and sporting goods stores.
- If you can pass a credit check, a criminal background check, and are in good standing with the Mississippi Department of Revenue, we want you to enjoy the benefits of being a Mississippi Lottery retailer.
- Your application will be received and processed by our retailer approval team as soon as possible. Once you're approved, a representative from the Lottery's technology partner IGT will call to schedule equipment installation and training.
- The Lottery will provide the necessary equipment and installation. Typical equipment includes a state-of-the-art touch-screen computer terminal and cellular modem necessary to connect to the Lottery's telecommunications system.
To prepare for installation, all you need to do is make sure you have available space behind the counter for the terminal, which is slightly larger than a breadbox.
- It’s to your advantage to provide a separate "quadplex" electrical outlet in order to prevent interference from other electrical equipment. It is your responsibility to ensure that a dedicated outlet is available at your location.
- Be sure to download these diagrams and dimensions that may be helpful as you prepare to receive the necessary equipment.